“Enjoy a Minnesota Crawfish Boil!”
It doesn’t get any better then this!
- 5-7 pounds per person; live crawfish
- 2 pounds Chorizo sausage
- 1 pound mussels
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1 to 2 (26-ounce) boxes of table salt
- 3 ounces Zatarain’s Shrimp & Crab Boil liquid concentrate (3/4 of a 4-ounce bottle)
- 3 ounces cayenne pepper
- 8 to 10 Red potatoes
- 6 to 8 ears of corn-on-the cob
- 4 onions, cut in half
- 2 Lemons, cut in half
- Purge the crawfish in water to remove sand particles. Soak in fresh water for 10 minutes.
- While you’re waiting, fill an 80-quart pot (fitted with a strainer insert) halfway with water and bring to a boil over a large outdoor burner over high heat. Add hot sauce, salt, Zatarain’s, and cayenne pepper.
- Add potatoes and onions to the pot. (No need to peel.) Boil vegetables for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cover a table with newspapers, flattened cardboard boxes, or plastic trays for serving the crawfish.
- Add half the crawfish to the pot. After 5 minutes turn off the heat, cover, and let the crawfish steep to absorb the flavors for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and dump on the table. Repeat with the rest of the crawfish (you can boil 2 to 3 batches of crawfish in the same water-seasoning mixture).
- Eat plain or with dippin’ sauces like cocktail sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup, or Tabasco.
Your probably wondering, “Where’s the beer?” Believe you me, while sitting with friend and neighbors enjoying one of life’s delicious delicacies — you’ll be drinking plenty of beer! If you don’t have the time to catch them yourself, here is a great site to order fresh live crawfish! [www.folseseafood.com] Order the day before…shipped to your door the next morning!
Fat Man’s Landing, MN
Posted in Crawfish, Outdoors, Recipes, Wild Edibles | Tagged crawfish, Fat Man's Landing, FML Outdoors, Minnesota, Outdoor Cooking, Outdoors, Recipes | Leave a Comment »
Give Her More Throttle!
“Give “HER” Throttle!”
If the folks at Polaris are listening…Thank you for all the years of excellent engineering. As the Team at Polaris reviews my resume — I hope you find great value in my creative/management skills.
Posted in Activities & Events, Outdoors, Outdoors for Kids, Products | Tagged Accessories, ATV, Parts, Performance, Polaris 500, Polaris Industries, Polaris Ranger, Polaris RZR, Snowmobile, Sportsman | Leave a Comment »
“What makes me smile!”
Today‘s Featured Trip (Willow Creek Kennels): The weather planned for Saturday was 2-degrees above zero. It was cold — but soon, after huffing and puffing, my shotgun barrel was warm and the dogs went into action.
Little Falls, MN
Posted in Activities & Events, Adventure, Bird Dogs, Hunting, Outdoors, Pheasant, Small Game, Upland Gamebirds | Tagged FML Outdoors, Minnesota, Outdoors, Pheasant Hunting, Willow Creek Kennels | Leave a Comment »
“Trout, Trout, Trout!”
Fly Fishing Trip: How serious are you about fishing? How about a 30-mile hike before you ever wet a line? Sometimes you have to find the end-of-the trail before you start enjoying some of the worlds best trout fishing. (Can you find the Golden trout)?
Posted in Adventure, Camping, Fishing, Fresh Water, Golden Trout, Outdoors, Photography, Rainbow Trout | Tagged Fly fishing, Rainbow trout, Recreation, Trout, Wyoming | 1 Comment »
“To Drill or Drift?”
Unseasonably cold weather puts Minnesota’s 2013 Opening Fishing Season on ice as hardy-souls find drilling for walleyes easier than drifting.
Posted in Adventure, Fishing, Fresh Water, Outdoors, Walleye | Tagged 2013 Opening Fishing Season, Ice Fishing, Lake of the Woods, Walleye | Leave a Comment »
“Why sleep, when you can go fishing!”
The alarm went off today at 4:00 a.m. “Why so early,” you may ask? It’s Wisconsin’s Opening Trout fishing season! We arrived at the river — just as the sun came up. The outside thermometer reads -4 degrees below zero! It was cold, but well worth getting up for!
Kinnikinnick River, WI
Posted in Adventure, Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Fishing, Fresh Water, Outdoors, Photography | Tagged Angling, FML Outdoors, Guide Services, Kinnikinnick River, Outdoor photography, Recreation, Trout, Wisconsin | 1 Comment »
“What Keeps Me Coming Back for More!”
I’m at the hunting shack, sharing stories with friends and excited for tomorrow’s hunt. The crisp, cold air fills my mind as the frost on the corn and trees surrounds me. Wishing everyone the best and safe hunting!
Fat Man’s Landing, MN
Posted in Activities & Events, Adventure, Bird Dogs, Duck, Geese, Hunting, Outdoors, Outdoors for Kids, Pheasant, Photography, Upland Gamebirds, Water Fowl | Tagged Duck Opener, fall leaves, Hunting, Minnesota, Minnesota DNR, Outdoors, Pheasant, Pheasants Forever | Leave a Comment »